The 0.03 release is now available. There have been a number of changes, and the most important
change was made to the way LSMI handles plug-ins. It's not quit perfect yet - but getting
The first two versions assumed ( wrongly ) that a plugin would always only send us back a single
piece of information, like a graphic. This is however not the case, and I am busy addressing the
issue. The net effect sofar was a major re-do of the DB backend. So, to all the people that
played with the first two versions - sorry people. I belief the clever ones will figure a way
to migrate what they have to the new database structures.
In the documentation directory ( of the tar.gz file ) you will find a file called notes - which
might not make sense as it is notes from myself to myself. However, some of the logic of the
changes are explained therein.
Something that I am guilty of is that I did not keep to my original update plan. So the issues
that were outstanding in 0.02, is still outstanding.
Now for a summary of the changes:
- Major DB backend changes
- Moved DB credentials to a central file
- Centralised most common functions in a single file
- Added configuration management menus
- Changed the plugin interface from the console menu
- Enhanced user identification ( administrator/manager/console user )
- Some code cleanup
- Minor updates in the documentation
- Added a network monitor plugin ( RRDTOOL ) ( Linux )
- Added a hardware configuration reporting plugin ( Linux )